Monday 1 December 2014

Documentary Proposal

For my documentary I have the idea to focus it on the life of a sixth former and what they like about the change from GCSE to A-Level and how it has changed their work ethic. My thoughts were to focus on about three sixth formers and how their life has changed since going up into sixth form.
At Ravens Wood in year 12 girls have the opportunity to join and boys also get the opportunity to join, my thoughts were to find a girl who has joined and a boy who has recently joined Ravens Wood so that you can see the different opinions of what have effected them about joining and how things may have changed. I also want to get a boy who has been at the school since year 7 for their opinion on how things have changed since new people joining and possibly some of their fiends leaving.

Interviews will be included in my documentary as I feel that I should observe the person that I am following as i need to see them in all there different areas but i think also observing them in a lesson to see if they are different to in there friendship group would be interesting as they might act differently, in the interviews I will have a background that shows that it is a learning environment that I am following.


For this documentary to work i need to find somebody with quite a bold distinctive voice to narrate certain parts of the documentary.

The beginning of the documentary will be being introduced to the people involved in the film. There will also be facts about the sixth form and how it works. We will show the students that we are following to make sure that you can see them before you are properly introduced.

As I am doing my documentary on my own I think I will ask somebody to help with the filming in order for me to get the shots that I am actually looking for.

After a few weeks of going over my documentary I have decided that I am going to have two of the boys in my class join my group simply because doing the filming by myself is quite hard so as long as I am in a group I can split the tasks up equally so the job can be done just as well as I want it to be done.


I am using Two boys (Oliver Friend, Tyler Lewis Kilden) and one girl (Jade Mason) this is a good ratio because I feel that in the school this is the ratio of boys to girls, this helps to show the difference between who is in the school, because these three people are from completely different friendship groups this helps to show different aspects of the school. Jade is a girl in the year below so she has a fresh outlook on the sixth form and the school. Tyler and Olly have been at the school since year 7 so they have seen how the school has changed over the years.


To: Ms Moore
From: Olivia Griffiths, Tom Madkins & Kieran McWilliam
Date: 20th April 2015
Subject: Proposal

Proposed Research Topic:
I am proposing my idea of a documentary based on sixth form life, this will show three students and watch how they act around school, they will also answer questions regarding their daily activities and what they find themselves doing on the weekend.


Purpose:
From this documentary we aim to show this to students who are coming into the school so that they can see what the sixth form at RWS is about. We want them to see it from different point of views and see that as long as you work hard you can still go out and have fun.




Background:
The background of this documentary was looking into what the sixth form at RWS is about and we wanted to show prospective students the true meaning of it by having a short documentary taking all the skills and friendships that they make at school and showing that they still are able to enjoy themselves at the same time.



Scope: 
For this documentary we are investing 3months of our time in to it, by firstly researching the best people for the documentary and who would portray the best side of the school. We are then going to film for a few weeks making sure that we have the best footage possible for the documentary. After that we will then take all the footage to production and put it together editing the crutial bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment